I liked this movie a lot: Dumb and Dumber To (2014) – IMDb. Some thoughts?
- It’s funny (pun intended) to see the consequences of joking. You don’t see this at first, but it’s nice.
- Humor has lots to do with either surprise or creativity (getting an idea). The first D&D was more on surprise, this one was more on getting some creative insights. A welcome change.
- It played well on “how should you see the new D&D, based on the fact that you already saw the previous version” (for example, what happened during the time between the movies, or what happened to the car?”.
- The smart people tend to have less courage. The stupid ones called, interacted, were friendly.
- At times, the characters said some pretty smart things.
- I really loved the pain the characters went through to have a bit of laugh. The effort to enjoy themselves, the pain they put for this.
- They didn’t play by the rules, they were creative.
- In the movie, they had not too much courage, but they were good people.
- They were reckless and cute in the same time.
- All-in-all, it was not extremely smart, but it was a pleasant watch.
- Good prevails. Their good intentions were better than their lack of capacities and abilities in solving things.
- I recently saw Beauty and the Beast (1991) – IMDb and Beauty and the Beast (2014) – IMDb, but I got much better insights & ideas from D&D to.
Very fun to watch. :)