What are your rights?
- I avoid spamming people. There is a newsletter, you can freely subscribe / unsubscribe.
- I won’t sell your email address to others. Nor give it for free, nor lend it, nor either wise give it.
- If you send me a message regarding this, I will do my best to unsubscribe you from anywhere you request, even if you have to subscribe yourself to receive my updates.
- If you have comments, you can leave comments.
What are the conditions for this web site?
A. About the terms
Access to and use of ‘Olivian.ro’ and all of its subpages, subdomains, subfolders, images, texts and videos (THE_WEBSITE) internationally is provided by Olivian-Claudiu Breda (THE_PROVIDER). You may also see some advertising on certain pages which is provided by other providers. Some texts are quoted from books or online materials, and those texts are provided by other providers. Some videos are taken from Internet, and those videos are provided by other providers. Some photos are taken from Internet, and those videos are provided by other providers.
1. By using THE_WEBSITE you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of THE_WEBSITE. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to THE_WEBSITE.
2. THE_PROVIDER may modify these terms from time to time and so you should verify these terms regularly. Your continued use of THE_WEBSITE will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the modifications, you should cease using THE_WEBSITE. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on THE_WEBSITE (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
C. License to THE_PROVIDER
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting THE_PROVIDER a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, servicemark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
THE_PROVIDER has provided links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. THE_PROVIDER doesn’t operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this site and the third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, be it express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, THE_PROVIDER disclaims all warranties, express or just implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. THE_PROVIDER does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or free of errors, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses, trojans, malware or other harmful components. THE_PROVIDER does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. You, and not THE_PROVIDER, assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair, or correction.
E. Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall THE_WEBSITE be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, THE_WEBSITE materials and data. Examples include, and are not limited to:
1. Loss of data;
2. Loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
3. Loss of business;
4. Loss of opportunity;
5. Loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
6. Losses suffered by third parties; or
7. Any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the site irrespective of the form of action. You specifically acknowledge and agree that THE_WEBSITE is not liable at all for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any THE_WEBSITE material, or with any of THE_WEBSITE’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using THE_WEBSITE immediately.
This agreement is effective until terminated by THE_WEBSITE, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access THE_WEBSITE and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from THE_WEBSITE, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
“A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. This can include clicking particular buttons, logging in, or a record of which pages were visited by the user even months or years ago.
Although cookies cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer, tracking cookies and especially third-party tracking cookies are commonly used as ways to compile long-term records of individuals’ browsing histories — a major privacy concern that prompted European and US law makers to take action in 2011. Cookies can also store passwords and forms you filled in, such as credit cards numbers or your address. When a user accesses a Web site with a cookie function for the first time, a cookie is sent from server to the browser and stored with the browser in the local computer. Later when that user goes back to the same website, the website will recognize him because of the stored cookie with his information.”
(details & source – HTTP cookie – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)