A simple solution is:
1. Use a browser like:
- Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download
- Google Chrome – Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux
2. Open Gmail’s compose window.
3. Open an image viewing or editing application (MS Paint, IrfanView, PhotoShop, Gimp, anything will work).
4. Select an area in the photo (or all of it) you wish to put in the email.
6. In the browser window hit Paste.
That’s it, you now have an image embedded in the email. It doesn’t seem to work for older browsers or for Internet Explorer.