On 27th of May 2010, I went to The Ark to take part to the “Antreprenor – Show me the business” event.
I especially like the workshop with Andy LOPATA, on how to build business advantages by connecting with powerful persons and creating a network of relationships.
- Establish some objectives whenever meeting new people;
- You should build a network of friends, people with whom you have a relationship;
- Avoid looking at people like they were companies; see them as real people;
- You can’t do a business on your own;
- You can learn from people with different businesses;
- It’s best to do networking with people that are already your clients;
- Networking is who knows you and what they say about you;
- When talking about yourself, also mention what differentiates you from the others (do VSP rather than USP);
And, finally, this quote:
“If you want to be successful for a year, grow grain.
If you want to be successful for ten years, grow trees.
If you want to be successful for a lifetime, grow people”
Old Chinese Proverb
P.S.: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar events: Conferinte recomandate To join, email email@example.com and reply to the confirmation email.
You will find videos made by me on my YouTube channel, and photos on my Picasa Web Albums accounts.