If you open some major news sources in Romania:
- HotNews.ro – Actualitate
- Stiri – stiri online, stiri TV, stiri video, stiri mobil | REALITATEA.NET
- Ziare, Revista presei, Reviste, Stiri locale – Ziare.com
, you will notice something like this: VIDEO / AUDIO / LIVE TEXT.
There is a lot of emphasis on interactivity (VIDEO / AUDIO / LIVE TEXT). Sure, correlation does not imply causation, but I think it’s safe to assume the following logic:
- Video is better than
- Slideshow, which is better than
- Audio, which is better than
- Image, which is better than
- Text, which is better than
- Nothing at all.
I use this logic a lot when deciding what should one publish online. And the news web site seem to agree with me.
Note: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar issues: IMRo. To join, email email@example.com and reply to the confirmation email.