I’ve seen “The Mule” (2018). Some thoughts and spoilers!?
- I don’t know how he does it, but quite a few of Clint Eastwood‘s movies are crystal sharp. I’ve seen some movies directed/produced by him, and in most of them, the script is crystal-clear. You understand very well what’s happening, you have no doubts, you see where the action is going, you perceive the emotions, the logic is straight to the point. Everything is made simple, even though some things run deep.
- The movie gives you some lessons. I may not agree with some of them, but with others do. You may not like all the gifts the movie has for you, but you appreciate their splendor.
- Very high suspense, throughout the movie.
- Touching and humane. I don’t know how he does it, but you connect with the characters, there’s a lot of empathy at stake.
- Some characters have caricatural characteristics, lots of clichés. This is happening in other of his movies. Not necessarily bad, it comes in the same package with crystal-clear, but, still, you can notice this.
- The movie is not afraid of powerful conflicts, of strong emotions. It jumps into the fire!
- I found in this movie, as in other by Clint Eastwood, characteristics of the American people.
- A quote: “I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow”.
- I give the movie a 9/10, and recommend it to anyone!