- TechFest connected by Vodafone adds Bucharest on its footprint, after the previous editions in Cluj, Timisoara and Iasi;
- Umbrella-event with the tagline „Empowering Communities for the Future”;
- The festival includes 10 types of events dedicated to technology: debates, conferences focusing on technologies of impact for the future, presentations of the latest technologies, an IT solutions expo, product launches, a business hackathon, a Demo Day for start-ups, an open air festival with special events and concerts, a gamer’s night etc.;
- 6 consecutive days of simultaneous events in 3 areas of Bucharest.
TechFest connected by Vodafone, urban technology festival, marks its third edition by adding Bucharest to the footprint of this series of events. In fall, Cluj, Iasi and Timisoara will follow, with a similar format.
The most complex technology festival in Romania, developed in collaboration with the IT community, becomes, for 6 consecutive days, the meeting place of programming experts from the most innovative IT companies and start-ups, in an informal atmosphere, generating an unique experience to which is added a special infotainment component for the mass public. TechFest connected by Vodafone is also an open invitation to any technology enthusiast, whether are games, gadgets, or innovative tech solutions.
First on TechFest connected by Vodafone calendar is Bucharest, which will host for six days, between June, 27 – July, 2, 2018, 10 types of events on several stages that will host over 50 national and international guests.
- Polivalenta Hall, dedicated especially to the open public, will host, during the weekend, the biggest business hackathon in Romania, a tech expo, presentations, concerts and artistic moments, as part of the open air urban festival. Beside these, a gamer’s evening and other special events will take place. To the hackaton are invited start-ups that will propose solutions to the various challenges faced by the businesses.
- At the Universul Palace are scheduled presentations of the IT industry and product launches, a conference dedicated to professionals in the digital industries and the TechFest Gala.
- Cinema Pro will host a Demo Day event dedicated to the most promising start-ups in Romania.
The agenda is segmented into three different areas of interest, specifically designed for developers, companies and start-ups, respectively for gamers and the general public. Tickets and more details are available here: http://2018.techfest.ro/.
„The fact that we open TechFest doors also in Bucharest proves that there is an enormous appetite for technological progress. The event, with a unique concept on the market, was designed as a festival dedicated to IT professionals, but also to tech fans. The community of technology enthusiasts is growing rapidly, so it is natural to offer them multiple opportunities to connect and exchange information, being able to choose the event format that suits them best”, confirms Cristian Dascălu, TechFest funder.
„Vodafone brand has been enabling people and companies to be inspired and get easy access to innovation and technology meant to improve their lives and business and enjoy the digital future. We are happy to become the main partner of TechFest and support the tech community in enjoying one of the largest and most successful events of this kind”, stated Laura Barbu, Director Brand and Marketing Communications, Vodafone Romania.
The event is dedicated to all technology enthusiasts: IT professionals, start-ups and entrepreneurs, companies and players in the IT&C market, gamers and the general public interested in gadgets and the latest trends on this segment.
TechFest is also organized in Bucharest after its launch in Cluj in 2016, with the support of the local IT community, followed by its expansion to the tech innovation hubs in Iaşi and Timişoara in 2017.
At the TechFest 2017 edition, the 10 events held in 10 venues in Cluj, Timisoara and Iasi were attended by over 1300 people and 118 companies and organizations.
TechFest vision is to create a global marketplace for companies, innovative start-ups and technology fans. The technology festival aims to bring together the needs of the business community and the energy and start-ups’ energy and capability to generate innovation, providing access to the common vision of professionals and educating the general public on technology.
Share on WhatsApp