Let’s say you have a text to send as plain text.
You could write the title without any special markup (because we’re talking about the plain text), or you might choose a special effect such as:
- Bold (serif): 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭
- Italic Bold (serif): 𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕
- Double-Struck: 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥
The list can go on and on: ••¤(`× 🎀 𝓉𝑒𝓍𝓉 🎀 ×`(¤••
There are special websites to help you with this »
Why should you avoid this?
- Portability – it might unreadable on some devices;
- Searchability – it might make it difficult to search for such texts;
- Accessibility – screen readers might have issues with such fonts;
In conclusion, for both users/search engines, these texts are to be avoided.
Details on these:
- text formatting – Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)? – Super User
- fonts – What sort of character is this (𝒲) – Super User
- Is it acceptable to use unicode fonts for general discourse (Questions/Answers/Comments)? – Science Fiction & Fantasy Meta Stack Exchange