Photos from the event (see in full-screen):
- How can one improve on a management system?
- Set up objectives;
- Improve objectives;
- Have SMART objectives;
Busy doesn’t necessarily imply results;
- Efficacy = did you reach your objectives or not?
- Efficiency = with which costs did you reach your objectives?
You can ask for results from either:
- The team; or
- The individuals;
According to Jack WELCH, a manager can be evaluated based on:
- R (providing results);
- A/B (having good attitudes/behaviors;
- +R +A/B = keep & grow him in the organization;
- -R -A/B = out (sack him);
- -R +A/B = give him a second chance (put the person in another place or help him grow via trainings/coaching);
- +R -A/B = out (sack him; he should not be coach, you can’t coach values);
Principle: recruit for attitude, train for skills;
A person with a bad attitude doesn’t fit in the organization.
Very nice event!