If you look at pictures of desktops of top marketers (27 Pictures of Desks – Top Marketers Share Tips for Cameras, Mics, Lights and Hamsters | Orbit Media Studios), what you might notice is:
- A lot of people use laptops, as opposed to PCs / Macs. I don’t think that’s a good idea, and the first reason for this is that you need a monitor for a proper image and an external keyboard + mouse for proper input.
- Another reason? If you don’t use an external monitor or keyboard, your ergonomics at the office are likely poor.
- Laptops are more expensive than their desktop counterparts.
- Most laptops are also very limited in raw power when compared to desktops.
- More prone to breaking, harder to repair.
- Harder to upgrade.
- There’s a big advantage – mobility of laptops -, but most people in that list spend a lot of time at the PC. If I were them, I’d use a not-so-performant laptop for travelling, and a performant PC for home.
Share on WhatsApp