On 2011.11.08, took place, at Institutul Cultural Roman – ICR (Romanian Cultural Institute) a debate on “Red book” by Carl Gustav JUNG (information – CG Jung Page – Home); below you’ll find photos, videos, and details about C.G. JUNG
Carl Gustav JUNG (26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961) was a Swiss psychiatrist, an influential thinker and the founder of Analytical Psychology. (source)
The Red Book, also known as Liber Novus (Latin for New Book), is a 205-page manuscript written and illustrated by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung between approximately 1914 and 1930, prepared for publication by The Philemon Foundation and published by W.W. Norton & Co. on October 7, 2009. […] Jung originally titled the manuscript Liber Novus (literally meaning A New Book in Latin), but it was informally known and published as The Red Book. The book is written in calligraphic text and contains many illuminations. (source).
Details on the debate: Dezbatere pornind de la Cartea Roşie de C.G.Jung (ICR).
Photos I took (full-screen):Full playsit of videos:
About the Book:
CARTEA ROŞIE – LIBER NOVUS
Author: Carl Gustav JUNG
Edited by: Sonu Shamdasani
Translation from German: Viorica NISCOV
Translation from English: Simona REGHINTOVSCHI
# of pages: 404.
Format: 30 x 40 cm
Price: 499 lei
Reviews for the book:
- Calea Sinelui | Dilema Veche
- Cartea Rosie de C. G.Jung publicata in traducere la editura Trei – Cultura – HotNews.ro
- O carte care ar putea deveni cea mai influentă din istoria psihologiei | Ziarul Financiar
- Cartea rosie – Cheia operei lui Jung
- Cartea Rosie, realitatea psihica a schizofrenicului Carl Jung
A few pages from the book:
The Red Book
A video with Dan C. MIHĂILESCU speaking about the book:
And a promo of a television show on TVR Cultural:
See the whole show here:
- Înapoi la argument – Televiziunea Română (» Tuesday, 08 November 2011).
Two other follow-ups of the event:
- Andrei Plesu despre tipologia viselor – Prin oras – HotNews.ro
- Andrei Plesu: Daca nu esti Jung sau Freud, visezi ca prostul – Prin oras – HotNews.ro
- Cartea Rosie a lui Jung – un jurnal vechi de opt decenii, publicat abia in zilele noastre / Ruptura dintre Freud si Jung – Prin oras – HotNews.ro
In the photo below, I’m the guy who films, somewhere in the very low part of the photo, with a raised hand: