A few tips on taking photos at an event:
- Use the camera / smartphone from a high position. Try to raise your arms in the sky and photograph the audience like this.
- The most important take – the one which shows the number of participants plus the speaker.
- Another important shot is with zoom on the speaker, a close one.
- I use ex-Google’s Picasa for editing the photos.
- For promotional purposes, the most important task is tagging persons in the photos.
- When you add description to an album, add the link to your web site, so people can get easily from the photo to your web site.
- On Facebook, tag the location.
- People want speed – do live photos and a quick follow-up. It’s not much help if you put the photos 3 weeks later from the event.
- It’s fine to use live a wifi card, or photos from the smartphone.