I have to admit, I’m a fan; I like Fastupload.ro – transfer rapid de fişiere online a lot.
The service is still in beta testing, it’s already great, but they’re working on it.
What’s there to be improved?
- The current process for me goes like this:
- open the web site;
- click login;
- go to upload file;
- drag & drop, if there is only one file;
- add file one by one, if there is more than one file;
- send files;
- copy & paste the email address;
- click on „notify me of opening the files”;
- send files;
- wait for the files to be archived;
- copy & paste the link into an email / messenger;
- The process could be improved like this:
- There should be an option for persistent login; I would love not to have the trouble of ever logging in on the web site for 30 days;
- The upload option should be there right when I visit the web site; this is the main reason for someone to visit your web site – to send a file; help the users do this; this is the main action? Then put it right on the homepage;
- In Chrome I can drag & drop one file for upload; but I know, by using Gmail / Google+ / YouTube, that I should be able to do this with more than one file at the same time; help me do this;
- When adding a file, via the browse window, I should be able to select multiple files, using Ctrl / Shift; you should help me to add multiple files at once;
- I would love to have the option of not sending the file via email, but just providing me with a link to send via email / messenger; or put an option in my control panel with this option; transfer.ro also has this; and it’s pointless;
- The option of notifying me of opening the files should be persistent from one session to the other;
- You only notify me via email the first time a person opens the file; notify me constantly, even 5 times;
- I don’t need to wait for you to archive the files; I should just send the file to you, you should give the file to me, and I should send the link to another person; meanwhile, the file should get archived by you; the waiting time is unnecessary; I don’t care for this;
- The link should be already selected, for easy copy & paste;
- The link should be short, for easy posting on Twitter;
- Other small bugs:
- Why not use the name of the file/files in the URL? You create a cryptic name for the link, but I would prefer you used my filename instead;
- Terms & conditions in the header of the web site? Why is this?
- You use both diacritics and non-diacritics in this text („in” should be „în”):
„Trimite documente, poze, filme sau oricare alt tip de fişier in doar 3 paşi simpli.”
- „Hostare”? Is this even a name?
- You keep on saying I can share my files with my friends; I think that:
- The real advantage is that I can share big files, which I can’t easily share on email / messenger;
- Another advantage is that I can make sharing private (so, instead of putting a file on a blog / YouTube / SlideShare, I can chose with whom do I share a file);
- You don’t seem to use Capitals right:
- „Nu ai cont? înregistrează-te” => „Nu ai cont? Înregistrează-te”
- „O interfaţă intuitivă, Uşor de folosit” => „O interfaţă intuitivă, uşor de folosit”
- „Nici nu îţi dai seamă” ? Or „seama”?
One final thought – I love Google homepage; one action possible – to search, two buttons; this is how I view your service – you should ask for a file / more files, a „Send button”, and, after the file uploads, you should ask data as email / name, or just give me a link to copy & paste; this is how I view the web site, doing a great job.
As a conclusion – Fastupload.ro is the file sending service I like best on the Romanian market; great service, nice hosting abilities, good upload & download times; work a bit on the interface, and you’re all set!
Last modified on: 2015.02.16, at: 09:25.Share on WhatsApp