On 22nd of June 2010, I went to British Council, for a Public Speaking Support Group. I held a presentation in English about “How to work efficiently at a PC?”. Below you’ll find the video at the event, the presentation and my side notes for the presentation.
The presentation outline (with italics you’ll see my annotations):
How do YOU do it?
A. Why there are no magical solutions?
B. The hardware
PC vs. smartphone
PC vs. laptop
– An article on How to Ergonomically Set Up Your Laptop as a Desktop;
– Why wide screen? See this article – Benefits Of Widescreen Computer Monitors;
– Article – Tips & Tweaks: Two Monitors Are Way Better Than One;
– The standard keyboard I like;
Camera & microphone
– You may want to read this article: What is an “ergonomic” chair?
C. The habits
– You can read Multitasking May Not Mean Higher Productivity;
– See the Inbox Zero video;
– I use touch typing;
– Windows XP keyboard shortcuts;
Learning software options
– You can read my tutorial (in Romanian) on installing Windows XP Service Pack 3; a lot of software options in there;
Turning off distractions
Running less programs
Running more programs
– I mentioned Rescue Time;
– I talked about Last.fm Scrobbler;
D. The knowledge
- how to search – see this search; also, I plan a big article on this subject on Get SEO ideas in a few months;
- how to research – search like this;
- how to breathe better – Google search;
- how to be more attentive – Google it;
- how to type – search;
Any other ideas?