Hello, below I’ll present you with 10 ways to promote a clip to make it go viral.
First of all, what is a viral clip? According to Wikipedia,
A viral video is one that becomes popular through the process of internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites and email.
Humor is often a characteristic of viral videos, but not a defining one. A viral video is any video that’s passed electronically, from person to person, regardless of its content.
A video can be shared in the following ways:
a. Organic seeding: your target audience will help you promote the video on various networks;
b. Paid seeding: you pay for the distribution of your content;
c. Syndication: you create a mini site with RSS buttons to enable the video to be easily shared.
1. A bit unethical, yet you can pay bloggers to post the embedded video;
2. Other than that, you should ask bloggers to write about your video; invite them to participate in the spreading of the message; you should only do this if the clip is relevant to the blogger;
3. You can also promote a clip on a forum; if you control multiple accounts on a forum, you can use them to spice the conversation;
4. If you have an engaged Facebook auditorium, ask them to help you promote your videos; this can have a huge impact;
5. Sending an email to mailing lists dedicated to YouTube videos can also be helpful; see this guide I’ve written in Romanian;
6. Make your video easy to embed; a lot of the traffic YouTube has comes from those who put a video on their blog;
7. Putting a video on your homepage is always a good idea to have an increase in the traffic;
8. You should consider the timing whenever promoting a viral video; best time to promote a video are:
As for the days of the week to promote it, Sunday and Monday are the best choices; more details;
9. Your video should be easy to share: allow embeds, do use URL shorteners (such as tinyurl.com); people should have an easy life whenever trying to promote your video;
10. You should allow people to leave their mark; this implies both letting users to comment on your video and allowing people to download your video and make spoofs and memes after your video;
Note: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar issues:IMRo. To join, email email@example.com and reply to the confirmation email.