In the name of “Understanding the business”, this thing happens:
- You get lots & lots of detailed descriptions of a business.
What I’d do better:
- Avoid describing things – “we do like this & this & this”. Sure, a brief description is necessary, but not too much.
- Focus on USP (Unique Selling Proposition) – what you have and is different.
- Focus on Insights – “I will tell you this & that, and by those two things you should get an idea”.
- Focus a lot on actionable steps and clear processes. Make it clear what needs to be done.
Note: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar issues:IMRo. To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org and reply to the confirmation email.