I just finished seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) – IMDb.
Most of the reasoning for me watching the movie had to do with the fact that I used to watch those cartoons when I was a child. I just had to see it.
- The original cartoons were friendly and warm. The new ones are cool, but much more aggressive.
- The music soundtrack is fine.
- I especially liked the part when the TMNT start singing some tune in an elevator.
- The pumped muscles are just too much. They get adrenaline and are able to break a cage. To me, this is not logical – how much power can you get? Also, what’s with the big red button with Adrenaline on it?
- I liked the fact that the characters are much more separated than in the cartoon. They each have an individual style.
- The weapons are rather silly.
- The dork turtle is too dorky. It’s rather aggressive in his style.
- To me, the big problem with the movie is that there’s no finesse. Everything is so abrupt and into your face. It’s too much.
- I like the scene where, with a stick, a car gets thrown away. Very cool.
- The 5 minutes countdown is so so so cliché.
- In order to solve a conflict, the characters insist, rather than find creative solutions.
- What’s the point of the doctor to tell April he killed her father? Why create an enemy out of blank?
- April gives some very very stupid evidence to state her news to the agency. When she is proven right, you start to doubt your sense of logical thinking. How lame is that?
- We have some poor songs in Romania, called “manea”. That’s what the movie is – a “manea”. Low low everything.
- I listened recently to some carols in Romanian. You can have cult, worked-hard carols, and you can have simple, no-work carols. Those were the second kind. Aggressive, unprepared, simple, in-your-face. That’s what the movie is.
- They ignore the police. The first thing they do after being out is to try to solve things on themselves, no calling he police.
- Little time is given to subtleties:
- When TMNT are given the weapons, only two receive them. No time for more.
- When Splinter is saved from the illness, little to nothing is shown on his recovery. Very fast, very quick. Nothing else.
- Shredder is a good fighter. He is defeated so silly, it’s almost embarrassing.