I’ve seen “Schindler’s List” (1993). What are my thoughts around the movie? (spoilers!)
- I’ve seen the movie a while ago, I liked it, I had stricter criteria back then, I only gave it an 8/10 grade.
- Last evening, I’ve reseen the movie. 10/10.
- Most actors played incredibly well.
- It’s a very powerful movie, it digs deep.
- It was very moving to see a movie in which racism, even xenophobia most of the time, is seen as a natural state. You felt outraged, in the movie xenophobia looked normal.
- It was great that some of the speeches in the movie were in languages other than English.
- At two differences in time, some people receive a ray of hope, instead of something bad happening. It’s touching to see a group of people in very harsh conditions being happy for something which doesn’t look so good, from an external perspective.
- At one point in the movie, a child gets out of the line and manages to do something very touching, even if this implies getting out of line.
- A definition of power: “A man stole something, he’s brought in before the emperor, he throws himself down on the ground, he begs for mercy. He knows he’s going to die. And the Emperor… pardons him.”
- I’ve seen the movie before but forgot most of the items.
- At times, the emotions are exaggerated, the movie seems to really want you to shed a tear. It’s too much, at times.
Partajează pe WhatsApp