Hello, on 24th of September 2009, I took part to Re:Seminar #2 – Affiliate marketing on blogs, at Orange Concept Store, Bucharest. Here’s a follow-up.
You can see some photos I made at the event:
And also I’ve made a video with Radu SPINEANU’s speech and with Eugen POTLOG’s.
Some ideas I wrote down:
– Who are the most important players in a transaction?
a. The provider (it offers a product);
b. The affiliate (he places an ad on his web site);
c. The user (buys from the provider by following the ad on the affiliate’s web site);
– eMag profit share – an affiliate marketing system;
– eMag comission is 3%;
– there are 30 days for one buyer to actually buy a product;
– all the products are in the store of the provider, so they can be bought with ease;
– having lots of banners on a web site does not guarantee multiplication of revenues with each added banner;
– you should consider a larger banner, rather than a lot of small banners;
– the quality of your web site traffic (who visits your web site) matters to the impact of the ads;
– rather than passively wait for visitors to click your banners, you should rather write blog posts related to the advertised products;
– webara.ro does a good job;
– SEM (Search Engine Marketing) works great with affiliate systems;
P.S.: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar events: Conferinte recomandate To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org and reply to the confirmation email.
You will find videos made by me on my YouTube channel, and photos on my Picasa Web Albums accounts.