OK, let’s say you have a lot of friends, and you constantly add new friends on Facebook, so keeping track of their birthdays can become a problem. How to use Google Calendar to see your friends’ birthdays and get notifications?
One solution is fdCal; there are plenty of articles on the Internet who claim that this solution works:
- Import Your Facebook Birthdays Into Your Preferred Calendar « My Life;
- Add Facebook Birthdays & Events To Google Calendar
- Import your Facebook Events and Birthday to Google Calendar
But I’ve also found a solution which seems much simpler and easy to use: grabbing the URL from Facebook birthdays page and adding it to Google Calendar;
- Login to Facebook;
- Visit Birthdays page;
- Click on “Export Birthdays“;
- Copy the URL;
- Visit Google Calendar and login;
- You should have a tab called “Other Calendars” and an “Add” link beneath it on the first page;
- Click on “Add by URL”;
- Paste the link from Facebook;
- It’s best that you click on the arrow at the right of the calendar you’ve just added, and click on “Notifications”; there you can select how you want to be notified by friend’s birthdays; unfortunately, there have been some problems with notifications (they seem to come much earlier than expected);
Note: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar issues:IMRo. To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org and reply to the confirmation email.