Tuesday, on 20th October, 2009, I took part eCommerce Awards Gala (GPEC) 2009. What were some of my notes?
Doru PANAITESCU: Online marketing in electronic commerce: efficient methods, priorities, useful tools, measuring ROI
– If you have an online store with a broad target group, then you can make a banner campaign;
– Do you have a focused online store? Try a CPC campaign;
Bogdan MANOLEA: Law issues in electronic commerce
– If you need law advice for electronic shopping, try contacting me;
Cristian MANAFU: Web 2.0 in e-commerce
– Facebook will be used for affiliate marketing;
– The next phase in the development of the Internet: the intelligent Internet – Web 3.0 or semantic web;
– Check out HotBrands.ro;
Cristian BADEA: Online payments in electronic commerce
– In order to reduce the commissions, an increase in the volumes of transactions is required;
– There are niches in which e-commerce is very trusted by the consumers: tourism and telecommunications;
Antonio ERAM: e-Commerce and mobile access. Payment via electronic means
– The future of the Internet – mobile access;
– 75% of the time a person holds the phone at a distance smaller than 1 meter;
– Fraud percentage at mobilpay.ro:
a. 2008 – 0.03%;
b. 2009 – 0.04% (estimate);
– The online stores don’t promote online payments due to large commissions;
– A small commission for all the sellers: 2.3% + 0.10 Euros per transactions via mobilpay.ro;
Marius IVAN: Online stores and delivery services
– There are custom reports for transportation;
Liviu TALOI (SiteAudit): Online stores problems
– A basic e-commerce solution (with some emphasis on quality) starts, as a cost, from 2-2,500 Euros; It can be up to 10,000 Euros;
– The price of the products is a very important criterion when a customer picks an online store;
Bottom line: I liked the event, I learned a few new things, did some networking, even got a project started in there. It’s a great thing the event exists.
Some pictures I made:
P.S.: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar events: Conferinte recomandate To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org and reply to the confirmation email.
You will find videos made by me on my YouTube channel, and photos on my Picasa Web Albums accounts.