I’ve re-seen „Forrest Gump” (1994). Thoughts? (With spoilers!)
- I’ve seen the movie a few times. I liked it even before, but now more than ever.
- In the movie, it looks like Forrest is a bit stupid. After recently seeing the movie again, I think I was stupid and misjudged the movie.
- A lot of stupidity in the movie is Forrest’s lack of self-preservation. I won’t give examples, but if you think of it, he cares more about others than for himself, and this makes him look stupid.
- A lot of times in the movie, Forrest does and says a thing which looks silly, he does something which is, to some degree, stupid. At the very end of the movie, he wants to say something but stops. He learned his lesson, he can stop saying stupid things.
- You really enjoy, in the movie, the way in which he gets to win against impossible odds. He starts X, he wins, world champion, never seen before, a huge hit. You’re happy for his success.
- I think the main idea of the movie is that „Mercy triumphs over judgment.” (James 2:13 NIV). I’ve previously heard Mircea Cărtărescu saying that kindness, rather than intelligence, is the best thing some can have in his life. What would happen if you had a lot of mercy, but little judgment? You find out in the movie.
- There are some apparent negative roles in the movie. But when you really think about them, the movie gives you some reasons for their behavior. Of course, not for every bad character, but for the most important ones, yes. And some of the bad characters transform in the movie, they become something else.
- I like the fact that Forrest goes from A to B rather easily. He has no issue moving on.
- It’s really nice how he transforms his weaknesses into strength. This happens multiple times in the movie.
- Tom Hanks plays great.
- 10/10, no questions about it.
Share on WhatsApp