On October 6th, I took part to the “Presenting entrepreneurial opportunities specific to the Bucharest-Ilfov area” seminar, held by Extreme Training.
The seminar was part of the Business Startup project.
I also made some pictures at the event:
Some thoughts I jotted down:
– How to remember names? Associate a person’s name with an object;
– Whenever presenting yourself, you should emphasize the positive aspects, rather than the negative ones;
– If something fails to work, you should reinvent yourself;
– Any business has its risks;
– Nothing is for granted;
– You must accept the risk that a business may not work;
What were the participants’ expectations? Participants at the event wanted to receive some of these:
a. Find out new information;
b. Developing a business club;
c. Clarify ideas;
d. How to get from employee to employer;
e. Have fun;
f. How to do things in the business world;
g. How to better orient themselves;
h. How to start a business;
i. How to apply things they learn;
j. See some real examples;
k. Exchange ideas;
i. Have a better vision and perspective.
Entrepreneurship is a way of thinking; It implies innovation and accepting risks, requires resources and rapid changes.
Why would someone want to become an entrepreneur?
a. To become financially independent (get a profit);
b. Have no boss;
c. Really wanting to apply an idea;
An entrepreneur is independent, shows trust, and is persevering.
Bottom line: The seminar looked promising for the entrepreneurs who are at the very start of their business.