In the last years, I have bought getseoideas.com, fiieficient.com, getaresultnow.com, olivian.ro & olivianbreda.com. This year betterish.com, audithink.com, oliii.com. While they’re not the greatest web site one could have, they’re, as “betterish” implies, OKish and, at times, betterish than other options.
How to create your own?
- Find a keyword which clearly defines your web site – SEO / efficiency / results / Olivian / Olivian / better / audits / Oli.
- Try to find an exact match domain. Olivian.ro is an example.
- Try to adapt the words using either of these methods:
- Add some letters – Oliii.com. For this, wordoid.com is an excellent tool.
- Add full name – OlivianBreda.com.
- Create complex sentences (I don’t recommend this method anymore, the first three web sites are closed, I don’t consider they represent my current ideas anymore -getseoideas.com, fiieficient.com, getaresultnow.com).
- Play with words – betterish / audithink (again, wordoid.com).
Everyone would want o.ro or o.com, or something like that (very short). Even just SEO.com or results.com would be better. Since you can’t have this, try the next bext thing.
PS, 2016.08.25: Also see:
8 Rules for How to Choose a Domain Name – Whiteboard Friday – Moz
PS, 2018.02.05: Also see:
Bulk domain search – Cheap bulk domain registration | Name.com
PS, 2018.03.16: Also see:
How to Choose a Startup Name that Reduces Marketing Friction | SparkToro
PS, 2019.06.03: The domain name should also be memorable. In my opinion, TransferGo is a hard name to remember. TransferWise – easy.