- A client is upset with me. I get defensive and try to present the situation.
- A person who doesn’t like an argument I make is aggressive. I refuse to reply.
- I posted a photo on 9Gag; I got an aggressive comment. I ignored the aggressiveness and tried to present something optimistic.
I think the latter option is the best. Try to find something good in an argument.
Sometimes, in arguments, I have two opposing tendencies:
- To reply to everything that is said.
- To not reply to something that is said aggressively.
I recently found a better option – reply just partially and try to improve on the conversation.
And perhaps not get offended easily? (easier said than done)