In the audits I make, I tend to have some aggressiveness.
- I tend to think negatively. I am critical, and tend to think negatively in any given day.
- In the audit, I rarely need to praise the clients, I mostly look for negative things. This increases the likelihood I’d be negative with my assertions.
- (I try not to do this anymore) If I am aggressive, things get done. If I speak in a mild “voice”, with a calm tone “This should be fixed”, I may or I may not be considered to give good advice. If I shout: “This is the worst thing I’ve seen in a web site. You should fix this at once. Rarely have I seen a more clear example of a poor web site. You seem not to care at all for the user”, things will have a bigger impact.
What do the explanations imply?
- Nothing, they should not be an excuse for me.
- They are just a reminder to try to make the audits more objective, even if I focus on the negative things.
Note: Also see the Yahoo! Group on which I present similar issues:IMRo. To join, email email@example.com and reply to the confirmation email.