Back in 2006-2007, I took some theater classes. One of the locations for the classes was far from city center. For a couple of months, I traveled by metro, then I had to switch two buses. During the end time of that period, I found out there is a tram which goes right from the front of my block to a place very close to the location.
- There are pros and cons of using it. As a plus, you don’t see the ads. As a con, some web sites display with some faults if you hide the ads. This is debatable – are the ads really useful in how a page should look like? This is unclear.
- What is clear and is the drop which has filled my glass of patience are re-marketing ads. The principle is simple – I visit SEOmoz.org, let’s say, and log into my account, which is a free one. They see this and have an option to display on other web sites, around the Internet, ads which invite me to become a premium member of SEOmoz. The first time you see the ad, it may be OK. After the ads start haunting you all over the Internet, specifically targeting me to do a specific set of actions, it gets annoying. I start to feel bad I don’t have a premium account of SEOmoz. I want to return to web sites I don’t particularly like. AdBlock Plus may be worth it only for that.
You go to a store, and the sellers invite you to:
- Have a free sample.
- Feel the goods (clothing, apparel).
- Try the product in some way or another.
Why does this happen?
- We tend to get more attached to things we touch. Thus, we will price a good higher when we have contact with it.
Simple trick – when the sellers invite you to touch a good, they actually invite you to buy the product at a higher price. And, surprisingly, you do. :)
The morale? Just notice the thing, and at times avoid touching, if you see it makes it more difficult for you to avoid buying a good.
- Expiring offer – valid until …
- Expiring offer – only … products left on stock.
- Offer limited only to the clients who meet the following criteria: …
I will bring in this article some light on why you might consider not having this kind of offers.
Libraria Sophia, Editura Sânziana și Fundația “Ion Gavrilă Ogoranu” au organizat marți, 8 ianuarie 2013, ora 18.00, lansarea volumului “Din lagărul România evadează morții”, de prof.univ.dr.ing. Iulian Constantin (deținut politic timp de 14 ani, fost președinte al Federației Române a Foștilor Deținuți Politici și Luptători Anticomuniști).
În general, mă feresc de asemenea cuvinte – “trebuie” / “e obligatoriu” / “neapărat-neapărat”. În cazul de față, însă, discut despre un macro care e, nici mai mult nici mai puțin, decât obligatoriu.
Anume, în Microsoft Word, înlocuirea ” ” (spațiu spațiu) cu ” ” (spațiu).
Let’s say you have a document with 20 pages of information and you want to put it on a web site. You structure it, simpler, or more complicated. But, in the end, you will have to pick between these two:
- Scroll – people will need to scroll to find information on a web page.
- Click – people will need to click on a menu to find the desired information.
Find out why I favor scrolling to clicking.