I will soon reach the figure of 100,000 photos made by me. Some conclusions?
- You’ll get all the possible reactions when taking someone a photo by surprise – from being happy about it, to being very upset, to ignoring the process, and everything in between.
- Normality varies. As an average, people in different countries react differently when they are photographed. Also, what is normal for a person is totally abnormal for others.
- Two methods of photographing:
- Without asking for permission – more photos. Some shots can only be taken like this.
- Asking for permission – you’ll be happier, but with much less photos taken. When posing, people tend to look better.
- Posing too much, actively trying to pose, might lead to poorer results. Some person posing might actually look worse than when not posing.
- Fame is addictive.